For rent: House Wilhelminaplein in Wassenaar
515 m² Living area
1925 Year of construction
3.000 m² garden area
Wilhelminaplein 8 in Wassenaar (De Kievit - Wassenaar south)
Casa Cara: Detached Villa (national monument) with double garage is located on the Monumentale Wilhelminaplein, the central square in the villa park 'De Kieviet.
The villa was built in 1925 to a design by the architect N.H.W. Scholte on behalf of H. Hendriks. The villa Casa Cara was designed in an Expressionist architectural style with characteristics of the Amsterdam School. The staircase light filled with stained glass, combined with stained glass comes from the studio of Jan Schouten (1852-1937) "'t Prinsenhof" in Delft.
The property has a terrace on the south and east sides, surrounded by mature trees such as a swamp cypress and a weeping cypress. The access path, bordered by a privet hedge, is flanked on the street side by two brick fence posts.
Detached villa, from a rectangular floor plan over two storeys built in red brick (cross bond). The overhanging, composite thatched roof has irregularly curved slopes, plug caps and a curly zinc finish above the façade (west).
The symmetrical façade (west) has a three-sided bay window on both sides on the ground floor with a loggia on the first floor under an overhanging roof. Both roof overhangs are supported by cut finches, the balcony balustrades consist of partly cut wooden slats and beams. Between the two bay windows is an awning that is attached to the facade with tie rods and is supported by cut corbels. Under the awning is a stone plaque with, in bas-relief, the name of the building, flanked by double patio doors under a skylight. On the first floor a three-light window within a frame with carved uprights and wavy moldings. At the attic floor a slightly recessed, composite window party.
In the left side wall (west), the entrance is placed within a higher ascending building part under a curved plug-in roof. The building section is marked by pilaster strips with ornamental masonry, ending in conical masonry brick. The panel door with stained glass top and side lights is located under a six-sided canopy and can be reached via three masonry steps between brick walls. On the first floor a stained glass window with sidelights and on the attic floor a curved three-light window that also has a stained glass filling within a frame with cut uprights and wavy moldings. To the right of the entrance on the ground floor and the first floor a window with a three-door sidelight with ladder rods. To the left of the entrance is a triangular bay window, both sides of which consist of windows filled with stained glass. The intersection of the two windows is decorated with a protruding style with a wavy edge. Above it is a bent, overhanging roof shield in which a composite window running around the corner is placed.
The ground floor of the eastern facade is partly hidden behind a single-storey extension under a flat roof, with a door on the north side and two windows in the eastern facade. In the overhanging roof shield at the floor of the floor there is a loggia behind a wooden balustrade with wavy slats. The loggia has a composite window with colored stained glass and stained glass and a door in the left side wall. Above the loggia a dormer window with a composite window terminated by a rounded roof shield.
The garage is built against the eastern facade under a thatched, gently sloping gable roof with braced ridge-tops. A large wooden garage door has been placed in the front (north), and a triangular window in the top of the facade. The eastern facade has two plastered savings fields and in the rear facade of the garage (south) also two savings fields formed by lisen, ending in triangular fields in which composite windows are placed.
INTERIOR. The original layout of the interior has been maintained and the main feature is the grouping of the rooms around the central hall. Worth mentioning include the enclosed porch with tiled glazing and a colorful stained-glass facade and the central hall with a large stair light that is also filled with stained glass and partly stained glass, signed J.S., Prinsenhof, Delft. The hall has wooden paneling, a landing staircase with carved stair post and balusters. On the floor above the hall, an oval loft with a balustrade with carved balusters. The doors are set in a wooden frame.
detached with double garage
lovely garden around with several terraces with unobstructed views
driveway to garage, sufficient parking space for at least 6 cars
2 work rooms
spacious living / dining room
wine cellar with bar and entertainment area
house is ideal for a large family with a nanny.
lots of privacy and space.
rental price is excluding gas / water and electricity.
- Rental price
€6,000 per monthIncludes: Upholstered
- Offered since
- 5 weeks
- For rent
- In consultation
- Monumental building, upholstered
Area and capacity
- Living area
- 515 m²
- 2.311 m³
- Type of house
- Type of house
- Detached house, Villa
- Type of construction
- Existing building
- Year of construction
- Number of rooms
- Number of bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms
- Number of floors
- Basement, Shower, Storage space, Toilet, Laundry room
- In wooded area
- Present (3.000 m²)
- Partial double glazing
- Central heating boiler
- Hot water
- Central heating boiler
- Energy rating